The Catholic Schools Office serves the 17 elementary and 3 high schools in the Diocese of Gary. There are 11 elementary schools and 2 high schools in Lake County; 3 elementary schools in Porter County; and 3 elementary schools and 1 high school in LaPorte County. All the schools are accredited by the state of Indiana.
The Catholic Schools of the Diocese are an essential part of the total educational mission of the Church of Gary. Because all but three schools are parish based, much authority and responsibility for the implementation of the mission of the Catholic school lies with local pastor/principal leadership. The Catholic Schools Office provides services, resources, and facilitates for the Catholic school communities.
Shared Beliefs of the Catholic Schools Office
The Office of Catholic Schools:
- cares for the people of God through servant leadership
- advances the mission of the Catholic Church and missionary discipleship
- provides curriculum that educates and inspires students to think critically and globally, allowing them to become faithful members of the Body of Christ
- provides formation and professional development to faculty and staff
- analyzes system data to determine best practices for sound decision-making
- fosters collaboration of resources among other Catholic agencies, parishes and secular educational programs
- advocates for the institutional advancement of Catholic schools
- seeks avenues for equitable distribution of resources.