St. Thomas More School (Munster, Indiana) is seeking Elementary Education Teachers at various grade levels for the 2023-2024 school year.
Are you looking for a teaching opportunity in a school with a strong culture of kindness and sense of family? Do you want to be appreciated, respected, and supported?
Applicants must be highly motivated, hard-working, and collaborative team players.
The applicants must be practicing Roman Catholic with a strong elementary education background preferred.
Our ideal candidates are enthusiastic, flexible and can think on the spot to problem solve. He or she should have a positive and patient attitude that empowers students.
This position is full time (hours 7:20 - 3:20) with benefits.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Integrate technology in all aspects of the classroom while maintaining appropriate screen time to age level of student
- Create lesson plans based on Indiana State standards and modify accordingly throughout the year
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in
- Work well with fellow educators to create a collaborative environment
- Grade papers, maintain grade books (FACTS), prepare and distribute required reports and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis through, but not limited to, conferences, email, Google Meets, and phone calls
- Establish positive behavior expectations and enforce school rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible
- Observe and evaluate student's performance
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities to students and parents through Google Classroom
- Utilize various curriculum resources that integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans, making sure to reflect the diverse educational, cultural and linguistic backgrounds of the students served
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals
- Work with Administration to ensure initiatives are being met
- Be able to incorporate philanthropic curriculum into a stewardship (service learning) environment
- Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities
- Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including student clubs and after-school activities
- Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs
- Tutor students on an individual basis as needed
Promotes Catholic Identity and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and correcting, academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning; keeping parents informed. Must be Virtus trained. Virtus trainings available within the Diocese of Gary.
The candidate must have a strong background in the content area and hold a current valid Indiana Teacher's License. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must be able to observe all their students and maintain discipline within the class. In addition to students, they must effectively interact with parents, other teachers and school administrators.