St. Patrick Catholic School
St. Patrick Catholic School in Chesterton, Diocese of Gary is looking for a licensed teacher
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- - Demonstrates mastery of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials for course(s) taught.
- - Creates lesson plans, aligned with current state and district standards, which drives instruction through formative assessment and differentiation.
- - Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports students’ independent learning, collaboration and choice.
- - Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques.
- - Provides a variety of assessments and uses assessments for planning and instruction
- - Provide consistent, immediate feedback to student learning
- - Monitor and maintain a positive classroom environment that supports the school wide behavior expectation in which most students are engaged,
- - Uses available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
- - Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members by communicating in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner.
- - Attends and participates in staff meetings
- - Maintains a professional appearance, and demonstrates behavior that is conscientious and responsible.
- - Does not engage in discriminatory practices on any basis, including race, origin, gender, socio-economic status, disability, religion, or political beliefs.
- - Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Principal.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- - Knowledge and application of appropriate teaching strategies and methods
- - Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, students, and parents
- -Must possess a teaching license in the State of Indiana.
- -Must be Virtus trained
- -Must be able to pass a drug test