Position Description: The Parish Executive Secretary:
Compensation: $32K to $37K Annual
Work Hours: Full time. Salaried. Normal Office Hours : 8:30am to 4:00pm. Monday-Friday
Provides Secretarial and Administrative support and assistance for the Pastor and Parish office.
Reports to and is accountable to the Pastor.
- Creates and maintains a welcoming and helpful atmosphere by providing exceptional customer service to the Parishioners, and Visitors. This directly includes the Pastor, Ministry and Council members, Parish and School staff, and Diocesan visitors.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent and effective communication with people, and superior organizational and operational development skills.
- Frequently works with very important, sensitive, or confidential material; which requires an individual with tact, integrity and the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Makes decisions regarding normal routine and emergency matters, is a self-starter, and an effective team player. Collaborates with Staff to achieve results.
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community. Familiarity with Catholic sacramental policies and procedures, with knowledge of Church vernacular is preferred.
- An Associate’s Degree in Administration or a minimum of three years of successful secretarial/office management experience.
- Highly organized self-starter with ability to work effectively and proactively without close supervision and able to prioritize with attention to details and deadlines.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, E-mail. Practiced in design and use of administrative procedures and standard business practices, including managing files, records and mailing lists and using various databases.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use new technology and software.
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to staff, parishioners, and visitors.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence for the Pastor, Parish staff and Parish committees.
- Create and maintain accurate Parish records.
- Maintain, update and communicate accurate calendars for activities and the use of parish facilities.
- Oversee and provide the services of the Parish Office.
- Welcome and assist visitors in a professional and courteous manner, handling certain issues and referring others to appropriate staff members.
- Oversee use and operation of office machines and equipment.
- Open and Distribute mail.
- Oversee sales transactions and records for the Parish Cemetery.
- The job requires standing, walking, talking, reaching, and performing repetitive motions, including some lifting and moving of certain office materials up to 40 pounds, in a church or office setting.