We seek a responsible, active, and practicing Roman Catholic to manage the daily operations of our parish office. Do you appreciate a joyful, inviting, and welcoming work environment? Are you searching for an opportunity to help others in their service to the parish community? Are organization and efficiency two of your strongest traits? This could be the job for you!
As Office Manager, you will maintain an executive assistant role with the pastor and a professional relationship with the staff and mission leaders. You will be responsible for the efficient operation of the parish office, including coordinating all clerical activities and facilities operations while fostering an environment of hospitality, even during challenging situations.
Interpersonal: Self-confident, positive attitude, team player, welcoming, compassionate, efficient, detailed-oriented, and an excellent communicator.
Management: Demonstrate commitment and flexibility while marshaling resources to get things done. Organized and self-directed, with the ability to prioritize work.
Collaborative: Play a key role in creating a highly functional and positive work environment for our staff and volunteers; understand and support the importance of teamwork; share credit for successes.
Dependability: Many staff and parishioners will rely on you for assistance to maintain organization and stay focused on the mission.
Commitment: Possess a strong work ethic. Take pride in work and strive for excellence, try innovative ways to get things done, consider situations from new perspectives, having a desire and willingness to learn.
Technology: Knowledge and experience of Microsoft 365 Office applications. Efficient usage of electronic communication platforms.
Discretion: Recognize and respect the need for confidentiality.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform the duties of an executive assistant to the pastor, including any needs or projects requiring your assistance.
- Manage, schedule, and mentor the parish center receptionist team
- Participate in staff meetings, creating and maintaining action item lists
- Attend and provide administrative support at Pastoral and Financial Council meetings
- Maintain a working knowledge of parish and ministry activities
- Manage parish calendars
- Coordinate internal and external office communications
- Manage office supply inventories
- Achieve and maintain Virtus compliance, the best practices program designed to help prevent wrongdoing and promote "right-doing" within religious organizations (Virtus.org)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastoral Associate
- Monday through Thursday to support regular office hours
- Occasional evening and weekend availability
Desired Education, Experience, and Languages
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College or technical school diploma/certification a plus, transcripts to be provided upon request
- Prior management experience required (3+ years desired)
- Read, write, and speak English, additional languages a plus
As part of the Diocese of Gary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and supportive work environment with opportunities for professional development. Qualified full-time employee benefits package including generous paid vacation, holiday schedule, personal time, medical benefits with optional dental and vision insurance, and a company-sponsored matching retirement program. We value work/life balance and can accommodate a flexible schedule. Qualified candidates should expect a starting salary range of $30k to $34k annually.