St. John the Evangelist Parish, a dynamic, busy parish with multiple properties, is seeking a dedicated individual to join our maintenance/landscaping team. The person in this position will be responsible for maintaining landscaping and gardens at both our old and new Church campuses, our parish school, rectory, parish office and properties on School Street, which house various SJE ministries. This position will also entail maintenance / “handy man” type work at parish owned properties and snow removal (including weekends).
The person in this position will be responsible for:
- Maintaining / troubleshooting problems with our HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Handling maintenance / “handy man” type work at parish owned properties
- Landscaping / gardening responsibilities in the spring/summer months
- Light housekeeping in main Church
- Snow removal on sidewalks and driveways on parish owned properties
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Some experience in landscaping/gardening
- Solid working knowledge of basic maintenance functions (i.e. plumbing, electric, carpentry)
- Ability to work a physically demanding job in all types of weather
- Superior organizational skills
- A personable and helpful disposition
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle multiple tasks at any given time.
This a full-time position and could include occasional nights or weekends. Candidates must be able to pass a national background check screening. Salary range for this position is $38 - $42K.