St. John the Evangelist Parish is a dynamic parish, located in St. John, Indiana, just 40 minutes outside of Chicago. One of major perks of this position is the rent-free use of a house owned by the parish!
We are a large, active and growing parish focused on evangelization, and our media ministry is very much an integral part of our efforts as we want to reach people through digital evangelization.
We are currently seeking a full-time Media Specialist to assist in growing and enhancing our media exposure. This position will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of video production (planning, recording and editing). Additionally, responsibilities for this position will include coordinating our social media management with an outside firm, in addition to web site management. Our ideal candidate will be able to execute projects within deadlines and engage in generating / implementing new ideas.
For maximum success in this position, the following skills are essential:
- Assists with the broadcast production of the Sunday Experience, as well as any other scheduled parish live-stream events
- Trains volunteers on sound board and camera system
- Edits video using Adobe Suite (Premiere, After Effects, etc.), Google Suite and Macbook
- Video and audio set up and editing skills
- Ability to operate DSLR and PTZ cameras for capturing live and recorded videos
- Knowledge of technical aspects of lenses, film, filters, light and camera settings
- Background in arranging studio sets to best suit the settings on the camera, and control the lighting equipment, film stock, audio and cameras
- Attends parish events, capturing quality video B-roll elements, soundbites and photographs to then create, produce and edit into a variety of content, such as videos and written-form features
- Shares content on social media posts, on big screens at masses, on the website, in the bulletin, etc. in order to highlight SJE's mission, To Be Disciples and Make Disciples.
- Promotes evangelization programs as well as parish events and programs by using a variety of media avenues.
Because we are filming Catholic content, a strong background in and commitment to the Catholic faith is preferred.
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package, part of which is the rent-free use of a house owned by the parish.