The Bookkeeper serves as a professional assistant to the Pastor in administrating the finances of the parish. The Bookkeeper oversees the parish finances in accordance with diocesan, parish, and government standards, and within a framework of shared ministry of Catholic values.
FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTATIVE MANAGEMENT
- Prepares, administers, and reviews the parish budget
- Maintains an accurate filing and record keeping and reporting system for all parish financial matters.
- Prepares, seeks approval of, and submits all financial reports
- Administers the payroll and benefits plan for all employees
- Monitors the collection, counting, recording, and depositing of all parish revenues
- Serves as staff contact with the Parish Finance and Pastoral Councils, and as parish contact with the diocese, vendors, and outside organizations with regard to finance matters.
- Demonstrate understanding, respect and support of the Catholic Church's teaching, mission and values
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in accounting, finance, or related business practices
- Experience with a not-for-profit organization or Church management is preferred.
- Proficiency in working with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn and utilize other software and office equipment
- Strong verbal and written communications, interpersonal, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
About the Employer
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish is in the growing and vibrant community of Valparaiso, Indiana. We are a community alive with the mission of the Church to bring Christ to our community and bring our community to Christ.