St. Casimir School
Definition: Under the general supervision of the building principal, the employee will perform responsible and varied clerical and secretarial work functions; and other related work as required.
- High school diploma
- Strong organizational skills
- Is proficient in computer skills
- Ability to relate well to elementary students
- Bilingual ( Spanish) in oral and written communication
- Has the ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
Reports To: Principal or designee
Duties and Responsibilities
- The secretary is the first contact the public has with the school. The secretary is expected to act in such a manner as to make the first impression a positive one. Communications, records, and office management are expected to conform to the highest standards of professionalism.
- Be responsible for incoming phone calls
- Use proper procedures when allowing visitors in the building and ensuring visitors exit once business is completed.
- Responsible for translating any information given by principal for distribution to the school
- Be responsible for stapling and distributing communication pieces of literature
- Be responsible for sending out school messages
- Work toward developing a positive atmosphere which is open to students, parents, and staff.
- Display initiative in evaluating and increasing the effectiveness of the school office.
- Take payments and write receipts
- Interpret if necessary for Spanish speaking parents
- Audit student files bi-monthly for missing documents
- Maintain School and Event Calendar
- Assures volunteers are compliant with VIRTUS polices/trainings
- It is imperative that the person employed in this position display, at all times, acceptable professional and ethical standards. These expectations include: confidentiality, courtesy, cooperation, positive attitude, reliability, punctuality, accuracy, efficiency, timeliness in respect to deadlines and respectfulness toward others. The employee shall represent the school in a positive way, both on duty and in connection with school activities, even though the employee may not be officially on duty.
- Be familiar with FERPA and HIPPA laws and requirements.
- The employee is held accountable for all duties of the job.
- Maintain and track family service hours.
- Assist families with online registration and enrollment via student information system.
- Run and manage student daily attendance.
- Flexible working hours may require evenings and weekends.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by principal
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: Hourly and work to run the entire year.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job is to be evaluated by the principal in accordance with the job description.