GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Preschool Teacher as required in all classroom related functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must be able and willing to take directions from the preschool teacher, and follow those directions to successful completion. Possess the ability to assist and take over when needed in all areas of related activities.
- Must perform all job functions professionally and with the highest regard for the overall objectives of the Preschool teacher and the stated objectives of the school.
- Demonstrated patience with students at the preschool level. Some training and or experience in childhood development or related fields is a plus.
- Must be a caring and patient individual who gets along well with others, especially children.
- Must be able to take directions and communicate clearly with staff and students.
Must have a cooperative attitude and good interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma. Advanced study in child development or the behavioral sciences a plus.
Some general clerical work may be required including but not limited to answering telephones, using a copier, and assisting office administration staff as required.
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to bend and stoop to the average height of a child age 5 and younger