Teachers at St. Mary’s are blessed to teach some of the most hardworking, respectful, and delightful students in Northwest Indiana. These students come from families that are very involved in their children’s education. Teachers at St. Mary’s have the privilege of working with a warm and inviting staff of professionals whose dedication is unparalleled.
The Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and psychological growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success. We are looking for a faith-filled teacher who has a genuine love for children and passion for teaching.
Teacher will teach the following classes:
- General Math
- Algrebra 1
St. Mary Catholic Community School in Crown Point has been educating children in the Roman Catholic tradition since 1872. The school offers grade levels Pre-Kindergarten through grade eight. St. Mary’s faculty teaches a rich curriculum infused with cutting-edge technology. To learn more about St. Mary’s School visit stmarycp.org/school.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the student with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Use and analyze data to guide instruction.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
Candidate must possess the following:
- Degree in education (or working towards)
- Indiana teaching license (or working towards)