We, the Catholics of the Diocese of Evansville, are committed to continuing the mission of Jesus Christ in the world today by joyfully living the gospel, ministering to all in justice and charity, and inviting people into a personal encounter with the living God through Word, Sacrament and Service.
The Director of Stewardship, as a primary advisor to the Bishop of Evansville, coordinates and manages stewardship efforts to support the diocesan mission. The director reports to the bishop and the chancellor/chief operating office of the diocese.
Essential Job Functions:
- Strive to foster an attitude of stewardship in all aspects of diocesan life.
- Advise parishes and schools regarding weekly stewardship, capital campaigns, annual giving programs and offertory enhancement.
- Identify and Initiate contact with major gift prospects and coordinate meetings with the bishop.
- Serve as a member of the Diocesan Leadership Team and work closely with team members (i.e. the bishop and other diocesan directors) to set and communicate priorities.
- Maintain data and generate reports reflecting progress in areas of annual giving and major gifts.
- Work collaboratively and collegially with the Catholic Foundation of Southwest Indiana, Catholic Education Foundation and other groups to maximize options for donors.
- Oversee diocesan stewardship event planning (e.g. Brute Society)
- Collaborate with diocesan staff, parish staff and third parties as necessary.
- Oversee diocesan appeal - Catholic Parishes Campaign (CPC).
- Assist with the collection and processing of donor records and associated database.
- Oversee the research, preparation and submission of grant proposals to foundations.
- Manage departmental budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must be a practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church, and be familiar with Church structure and teaching.
- Ability to communicate and interact comfortably with diverse groups
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of successful communications, development and marketing strategies, including all forms of social media
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Reliable transportation to enable travel throughout the 12 counties of the Diocese of Evansville
The Diocesan Stewardship Office is located in the Diocese of Evansville Catholic Center, in Evansville, and this position requires travel to other diocesan offices, parishes, schools and/or client homes as necessary.
A bachelor’s degree is required, with a minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising, marketing or related field preferred. Applicants holding a CFRE endorsement and those with parish and/or diocesan experience will receive priority. Individuals who can read, write and speak in Spanish will receive special consideration.