Promotes Catholic Identity and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and correcting, academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning.
● Models and demonstrates Catholic teachings at all school sponsored events.
● Educates students by planning and developing course of study according to curriculum guidelines, provided by school and state requirements.
● Tailors course of study by developing modifications for several levels of academic ability based on student needs.
● Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet.
● Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student results by preparing assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework; conducting standardized tests in accordance with school policies and state laws.
● Maintains order in the classroom by counseling students with behavioral problems; consulting with other professionals where there appears to be evidence of learning disabilities, drug, or alcohol abuse, problems of social adjustment, or child abuse.
● Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
● Intercepts deterioration in achievement by consulting counselors when a student is having academic difficulties; drawing on the school system's resources for additional academic assistance.
● Keeps parents informed by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation; reporting on all elements of student development at parent-teacher conferences, both regularly scheduled and as-needed.
● Provides student support services by monitoring halls, study periods, lunchroom, and recess; sponsoring student organizations or activities.
● Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
● Enhances school's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
● Any other responsibilities as assigned by the principal
Indiana Teaching License, Classroom Management, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Presentation Skills, Self-Motivated, Motivating Others, Listening, Collaborative Teaching - K-12, Deals with Uncertainty, Objectivity, Confidentiality