Aquinas Catholic Community School in Merrillville, Indiana is a growing community in search of an elementary teacher who:
● Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of Aquinas Catholic Community School.
● Utilizes the Indiana Department of Education curriculum standards to guide instruction.
● Develops lesson plans, assessments, and appropriate instructional aids aligned to research based best practices.
● Seeks to continue growing as an educator and shares knowledge with others.
● Differentiates instruction and uses creativity to adapt curriculum to the needs of each scholar.
● Evaluates scholar progress in knowledge and skills
● Builds and maintains a positive rapport with students, staff and parents while creating an engaging learning environment.
● Is skilled in areas of time management, student management, organization, integrating technology and communication.
● Performs all other assigned duties
The ideal Aquinas candidate is a faith-filled passionate educator who works hard to create an environment where students feel safe and inspired to be their very best. We seek an educator with a genuine love for children who is dedicated to ensuring students succeed. Music teachers are responsible for classroom instruction as well as a Christmas Program and Choir singing during weekly school masses.
Aquinas Part-Time Educators Benefit From:
● Competitive pay, above the diocesan salary scale
● Several opportunities to increase earning by accepting additional responsibilities
● Partial tuition scholarships for their children
● Emphasis on discipline, responsibility and accountability: ACCS experiences few discipline issues
● Strong parental support
● Opportunity to share faith and instill moral character in students
● Employment that feels like family
The ideal candidate would hold or be in the process of obtaining an Indiana teaching license.