Aquinas Catholic Community School in Merrillville, Indiana is in search of an elementary teacher who:
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of ACCS.
- Utilizes the Indiana Department of Education curriculum standards to guide instruction.
- Develops lesson plans, assessments, and appropriate instructional aids aligned to research based best practices.
- Seeks to continue growing as an educator and shares knowledge with others.
- Differentiates instruction and uses creativity to adapt curriculum to the needs of each scholar.
- Evaluates scholar progress in knowledge and skills based on both data and classwork.
- Builds and maintains a positive rapport with students, staff and parents while creating an engaging learning environment.
- Is skilled in areas of time management, student management, organization, integrating technology and communication.
- Performs all other assigned duties
- This summer we began construction on a $3.1 expansion. Our new kindergarten instructor will be invited to help design/furnish a brand new classroom space!
The ideal Aquinas candidate is a faith-filled passionate educator who works hard to create an environment where students feel safe and inspired to be their very best. We seek an educator with a genuine love for children who is dedicated to ensuring students succeed. Elementary teachers are responsible for high quality instruction in reading, writing, math, science, social studies and religion.
Aquinas Educators Benefit From:
- Competitive pay, above the diocesan salary scale
- Flexible scheduling
- Several opportunities to increase earning by accepting additional responsibilities
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403b Plan
- Full tuition scholarships for their children
- Emphasis on discipline, responsibility and accountability: ACCS experiences few discipline issues
- Strong parental support
- Technology rich environment: Macbooks, iPad Pros, Apple TVs, etc.
- Opportunity to share faith and instill moral character in students
- Employment that feels like family
Candidates must hold or be in the process of obtaining an Indiana teaching license.