Aquinas Catholic Community School in Merrillville, Indiana is in search of an elementary teaching assistant who:
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of Aquinas Catholic Community School.
- Seeks to continue growing and sharing knowledge with others.
- Builds and maintains a positive rapport with students, staff and parents while supporting an engaging learning environment.
- Supports teachers by working with students in small groups, clerical work and helping manage student behavior in accordance with Catholic values.
- Monitors and manages lunch service and recess
- Performs all other assigned duties
The ideal Aquinas candidate is a faith-filled passionate individual who works hard to create an environment where students feel safe and inspired to be their very best. As with all parish/school employees, this position is a ministry. All we do is aligned to our mission and Catholic values. We seek someone with a genuine love for children who is dedicated to ensuring students succeed.
Aquinas Educators Benefit From:
- Competitive pay, based on experience
- Partial tuition scholarships for their children
- Emphasis on discipline responsibility and accountability: ACCS experience few discipline issues
- Strong parental support
- Opportunity to share faith and instill moral character in students
- A supportive team that works well together and supports one another
Experience preferred, however we are also willing to train eager applicants.